Program Requirements and Registration Fees for the 2020 Fall Skating Season
PRESTAR to STAR 5 & UP
Skaters must be assessed by and receive approval from our Head Coach prior to registering for PreStar or Star 1 to 5 & Up. For Fall 2020, skaters will register in their assigned categories as communicated by email.
To ensure continuing development, the recommended frequency for skaters is a minimum of two times a week.
- Star 5 & Up: must choose at least one of the the following sessions offered at either Monday 7:00 AM, Friday 6:00 AM, Friday 4:45 PM, Saturday 8:00 AM, or Saturday 1:00 PM.
- Star 4: must choose at least one of the the following sessions offered at either Monday 6:00 AM, Friday 7:00 AM, Friday 4:45 PM, or Saturday 1:00 PM
- Star 2 – Star 3: must choose at least one of the the following sessions offered at either Monday 6:00 AM, Friday 7:00 AM, Friday 4:00 PM, or Saturday 1:00 PM
- Adults (16+) Star 2 – 4 may take an Adult session at either 5:45 PM on Friday or 1:45 PM on Saturday in lieu of one morning session.
CANSKATE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Skaters must be at least three (3) years of age, are able to participate independently, be able to use the washrooms by themselves, and have passed Stage 1. Parents and Spectators will not be allowed in the facility as per Skate Canada Guidelines and Skate Canada BC/YK Return to Skating Guidelines during COVID-19. Coaches are not permitted to touch or help the skaters get up.
Pre-CanSkate and Stage 1 CanSkate will not be offered for Fall 2020
CanSkaters are required to have their own skates and their own CSA-approved hockey or skating helmet. Rentals of ice skates and helmets are NOT available from Hillcrest Centre during Riley Park CanSkate lesson times. Skaters are also required to wear mittens/gloves for warmth and safety/health protection. We recommended skaters to dress warmly by wearing long pants and a sweater and/or jacket.
Mandatory for all Members to Participate:
- Read the Return to Play for Figure Skaters(Skate Canada BC/Yukon Guidelines) before registering
- Read and complete the RPFSC Risk Waiver. The signed waiver must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to your first registered class via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. One waiver per skater is required per season. You will not be permitted to participate without receipt of a waiver. No exceptions to this policy.
- Verbally complete a Health Screening Questionnaire prior to the start of each class for admittance to participate.
- Follow the COVID-19 Arena Use Procedures for each lesson
The following non-refundable fees will be automatically added to each individual registration:
- $43.65 Skate Canada Membership and Safe Sport Initiative Fee payable once to Skate Canada (valid from September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021)
Registrant fee – National: $20.00 / registrant
Registrant fee – Sectional: $20.00 / registrant
Injury Benefit: $0.65 / registrant + app tax
Safe Sport Fee: $3.00 / registrant
- $15 RPFSC Administration Fee per skater (payable once from September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021)
- Volunteer Opt-Out Fee for Fall 2020 to be determined
If you plan to volunteer, please select “Pay by Instalment” at checkout so that you will not be charged unless hours are not met. The Volunteer Sign-up will be available in UpLifter.
- RPFSC WARM-UP FLEECE (PreStar- Star 5 & Up): If you have a RPFSC warm-up fleece jacket, your account will automatically be invoiced a $10 Deposit Fee in October. The deposit will be fully refunded upon the return of the jacket. To exchange your jacket, please email email@example.com and launder prior to the exchange.