Program Requirements and Additional Fees
PRESTAR to STAR 5 & UP
Skaters must be assessed by and receive approval from our Head Coach prior to registering for PreStar or Star 1 to 5 & Up. For each new season, skaters will register in their assigned categories as communicated by email.
To ensure continuing development, the recommended frequency for skaters is a minimum of two times a week.
CANSKATE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Skaters must be at least three (3) years of age, are able to participate independently and be able to use the washrooms by themselves. A parent or guardian must be on site during the entire lesson. Volunteers and coaches are not permitted in the washrooms with the skaters.
CanSkaters are required to have their own skates and their own CSA-approved hockey or skating helmet. Rentals of ice skates and helmets are NOT available from Hillcrest Centre during Riley Park CanSkate lesson times. Skaters are also required to wear mittens/gloves for warmth and safety/health protection. We recommended skaters to dress warmly by wearing long pants and a sweater and/or jacket.
The following non-refundable fees will be automatically added to each individual registration:
- $43.65 Skate Canada Membership and Safe Sport Initiative Fee payable once to Skate Canada (valid from September 1, 2021 to August 31, 2022)
Registrant fee – National: $20.00 / registrant
Registrant fee – Sectional: $20.00 / registrant
Injury Benefit: $0.65 / registrant + app tax
Safe Sport Fee: $3.00 / registrant
- $15 RPFSC Administration Fee per skater (payable once from September 1, 2021 to August 31, 2022)
- $100 Volunteer Opt-Out Fee for Winter 2022
If you plan to volunteer, please select “Pay by Instalment” at checkout so that you will not be charged unless hours are not met. The Volunteer Sign-up will be available in UpLifter.
- RPFSC WARM-UP FLEECE (PreStar- Star 5 & Up): If you have a RPFSC warm-up fleece jacket, your account will automatically be invoiced a $10 Deposit Fee in October. The deposit will be fully refunded upon the return of the jacket. To exchange your jacket, please email email@example.com and launder prior to the exchange.
- Schedule Change Requests will be charged a $10 Administration Change Fee per change unless the change is initiated by RPFSC coaches.
- Approved Refunds are subject to a credit card transaction fee