Our Annual Family Skate is coming up! This event consists of a Skating Display, followed by our Family Skate. All RPFSC members and their families including siblings are welcome to skate together, after the skills display. There will be skate rentals and helmets available from 10.30am – 12.30pm. Photography is allowed at this event.
The Skating Display will showcase skaters from our PreStar and STAR 1-5 and up programs. They are working on something special for the upcoming Skating Display.
For the Family Skate, in the interests of safety and depending on the numbers, we will have two 30-minute sessions. All non-RPFSC members must sign in before skating and also be required to wear CSA Certified Hockey helmet. These requirements for non members are essential for insurance coverage.
The Schedule for our event is as follows:
- 9:00 am – STAR 2, 3, 4 and 5 an up Skaters arrive for Warm Up
- 9:30 am – PreStar and STAR 1 Skaters arrive for Warm Up
- 9:15 am – Tea, Coffee and Hot Chocolate
- 10:00 am – 10:45 am – Skating Skills Display
- 10:45 -11:30 am – Session 1: Family Skate
- 11:30 – 11:45 am – Ice Clean
- 11:45 am – 12:15 pm – Session 2: Family Skate
- 12: 15 – 12:45 pm – Program Assistants Fun Time
ALL skating lessons will be cancelled for this day.
You will be receiving an email from our Volunteer Coordinator, Kylie Goldsmith seeking volunteers to assist at this event. Any questions about volunteering can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at our event!
We have allocated the following times for our Carnival Participants to be measured for costumes. We will have volunteer moms taking measurements in Dressing Room #2. We ask that skaters allow enough time to get their measurements taken either before or after their lesson.
- Saturday, December 2 – 9:00 am to 11:00 am
- Tuesday, December 5 – 6:15 pm to 7:15 pm
- Saturday, December 9 – 9:00 am to 11:00 am
As you may recall, we also ask that each skater’s family contribute five hours of volunteer time to the Carnival. This is in addition to the annual volunteer commitment to the club. A $20 credit will be given to families who complete five or more hours of volunteering for the Carnival. Assisting with measurements can count towards your five hours of volunteer time. If you’re able to assist us during these times, please email email@example.com
If you have any questions or if your skater is unable to make one of these times, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangements.
The last day of Fall CanSkate lessons will be:
- Tuesdays – December 19
- Thursdays – December 21
- Saturdays – December 9 with Family Skate on December 16.
If you currently have your skater registered for Fall CanSkate lessons and would like to add CanSkate Winter lessons, (January 6 to March 22, 2018) you have priority to add on the Winter CanSkate Session until November 30. Beginning December 1, registration for Winter Canskate lessons opens to the public and registration for Winter CanSkate will be on a first come first serve basis until all our spots are filled.
If you need to change your registration day for the Winter Session, please email email@example.com
Our Winter Canskate lessons will be as follows:
- Tuesdays – January 9 to March 20
- Thursdays – January 11 to March 22
- Saturdays – January 6 to March 17
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about CanSkate registration.
The Nat Bailey Winter Market begins Saturday, November 4th and runs until April 21st, 2018 from 10am to 2pm in the parking lot and plaza of Nat Bailey Stadium and Hillcrest Centre. Parking will be VERY limited on these days. Please ensure you allow additional time to find parking so that you will not be late for lessons – especially for CanSkate lessons at noon!
At our Annual General Meeting held on Monday, October 16, the following individuals were elected for two year terms until the 2019 AGM:
- President Doris Yip
- *Vice President Vacant
- Board Member at Large Dennis Bohme
- Board Member at Large EJ Richard
- Board Member at Large Grace Yuen
They will join our Board Members who are in their positions until our 2018 AGM.
- Secretary Sarah Quon
- Treasurer Veronica Xue
- Board Member at Large Keith Nusgart
- *Board Member at Large Vacant
and the following two individuals who are in their positions until our 2019 AGM.
- Past President Cathy Chang
- Coaches Representative Marnie Walthers
*As per RPFSC Bylaws 6.21 – If a Director ceases to hold office, the Board may appoint a Member to as a replacement Director to take the place of such Director until the next annual general meeting.
The RPFSC Board will be meeting on November 22, 2017. Afterwards, we will announce the appointments to fill the vacancies of Vice President and Board Member at Large.
We also wish to extend our gratitude to Eileen Cervi, Kylie Goldsmith and Tomoko Mak who have left the Board. We appreciate their gift of talent and time for the work they contributed to the Board while managing their respective portfolios. While they are no longer on the Board, they will continue their work in in the following areas:
- Eileen Cervi – Ice Allocation
- Kylie Goldsmith – Volunteer Coordinator
- Tomoko Mak – Test Chair
NOTICE OF RILEY PARK FIGURE SKATING CLUB ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
By having a registered skater in RPFSC’S CanSkate, PreStar and/or STAR 1-5 programs, you are a member of Riley Park Figure Skating (RPFSC) for the 2017-18 Skating Season and we invite you to join us at our Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The RPFSC Annual General Meeting will held as follows:
- Date: Monday, October 16, 2017
- Time: 6:00 pm – Dinner – please RSVP by emailing email@example.com
- Time: 6:30 pm – Meeting Commences
- Location: Boardroom, Curling Club, Hillcrest Centre, 4575 Clancy Loranger Way, Vancouver
Click here to read more about the Meeting Agenda and Election of Officers.
National Coaches Week is a week long celebration of the tremendous positive impact coaches have on athletes and communities across Canada. This week is an opportunity to recognize our team of coaches at RPFSC for the integral role they play in teaching our skaters. Thank you to our RPFSC coaches!
- Marnie Walthers – Director of Skating
- Carissa Wong – Canskate Coordinator
- Natasha Chau
- Tierney Grattan
- Tarrah Harvey
- Christina Lam
- Ally Mason
- Anna McLean
- Mikaila Meslo
- Kya Sveinson
- Melissa Tye
- Emma Tynan
- Thomas Williams
To ensure that our CanSkate families and skaters have a positive skating experience with us, we will be holding CanSkate Information Meetings this week for parents/guardians of our CanSkaters.
Our CanSkate Coordinator Carissa Wong will be reviewing safety and equipment, skater evaluation and answering any questions you may have about our program.
The meetings will take place in the lobby of the skating rink as scheduled:
- 4:00 pm – Tuesday, September 19
- 4:00 pm – Thursday, September 21
- 12:15 pm – Saturday, September 23
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
If your child has grown out of their fleece warm up jacket, exchanges will be available on Saturday, September 9 during Winter Warm Up/Skate Swap as well as during the first week of lessons on September 12, 14 and 16.
Kindly wash the jacket in advance of exchange. If your skater is not returning to skate this year, please drop the clean jacket back at our Information Desk on during RPFSC skating hours. Please ensure that the skater’s name is on a paper with the jacket.
Our Annual Skate Swap will take place on Saturday, September 9, from 10:00 am to noon in the change area outside of the rink.
If you wish to place items (skates, dresses, skirts, etc.) for sale in the swap, please read and follow the procedure
- Items for sale will be received between 9:00 am and 9:50 am only. There will be a payment envelope available for each item being offered for sale. Fill in the form (name, price of item) and attach the envelope to your item, using the elastic provided.
- Please note: All skates must be approved by the attending coach before being put out for sale to ensure they are in good condition. The coach will review all skates at 9:50 am. Skates that do not meet with the coach’s approval can be retrieved immediately or after the sale by the seller. There is no guarantee skates put into the swap will be offered for sale.
- Envelopes for sold items and all unsold items must be picked up between noon and 12:45 pm. Our club does not have room to store things. Any items not collected in the 45 minutes following the swap will be taken to a consignment store, and proceeds will be paid out to RPFSC. Any items not accepted by the consignment store will be donated to charity.
Posted in Events
Tagged with: Fall