Lessons run from September 28 – December 19, 2020.
Registration is only available online with your RPFSC account. No Drop-ins will be permitted.
Mandatory for all Members to Participate:
- Read the Return to Play for Figure Skaters (Skate Canada BC/Yukon Guidelines) before registering
- Read and complete the RPFSC Risk Waiver. The signed waiver must be submitted in person at the beginning of your first class to the coach in charge or emailed at least three (3) hours prior to start of class to firstname.lastname@example.org. One waiver per skater is required per month. You will not be permitted to participate without receipt of a waiver. No exceptions will be made to this policy.
- Verbally complete a Health Screening Questionnaire prior to the start of each class for admittance to participate.
Before you arrive:
- All participants must wait in their vehicles or outside the building in the designated areas outside the arena. You may enter a maximum of 10 minutes prior to the start of your registered session time. Parents and spectators will not be allowed entrance.
- A Rink Attendant and a Riley Park FSC coach will be at the entrance ensuring only registered participants enter the arena 10 minutes before and after the start of a session.
- There will be 2 entrance doors with signs: Dressing Area A & Dressing Area B. Find the RPFSC logo on the door. Please wait in this area until the Rink Attendant opens the doors for our club.
- When waiting, maintain a physical distance of 2 metres from others
- Participants are expected to come as fully dressed (skates on with guards) as possible as dressing rooms will not be available for use
Participants that are more than 10 minutes late for their session may be denied entrance due to Health and Safety Regulations – Refunds will not be provided in this case.
When getting ready:
- There will be designated seating spots marked off on the benches/chair to get ready
- (If not already on, put your skates on and) Take off your skate guards and leave your belongings in your designated Dressing Area
- Do not leave this area (except to use the washrooms) until the start of your ice time
- While you are in your dressing area the Riley Park FSC will do a quick health screening questionnaire.
- A Rink Attendant will open and close the arena gates for you at the start & end of your session.
- Parents & guardians must wait in the car/outside (special consideration* will be given to younger skaters who need assistance putting their skates on and off. A Rink Attendant will let 1 parent/guardian in 3 minutes prior to the end of the ice time to assist their child).
*You must send email notification each time to email@example.com three (3) hours prior to start of lesson time for permission and for verification of facility capacity if your skater needs assistance.
On the ice:
- A maximum of 18 skaters on the ice (Figure Skating Sessions) and a maximum of 30 skaters on the ice (CanSkate Sessions) are permitted on the ice at a time– these numbers include coaches. *These Guidelines align with Provincial Sport Organization’s Return to Sport guidelines. Changes can be made as PSO’s update their guidelines* You can view these guidelines on the Skate BC website.
- Player’s benches may be used to place valuables. Parents/Guardians are not permitted in these areas.
When exiting the building:
- At the end of your session, participants will have a maximum of 5 minutes to exit the arena so high touch points can be sanitized and the next group can enter on time
- Skaters will exit by following directional arrows and out of the designated door. Parents of young skaters should wait at exit doors when picking up.
Please familiarize yourself with the Hillcrest Floor plan and know where to enter and exit.
Click here to view the schedule.
Not sure what to register for?
You are able to arrange a time to come in for a skating assessment to determine which program is suitable for you before you register. There is a $20 non-refundable fee for assessments that is required to be paid prior to the scheduled assessment. Once the assessment has been completed, we will credit the fee to your account so that you can apply towards registration fees.
Here is how you can schedule your assessment:
NOTE: There are currently no assessments available for Fall 2020 until further notice.
- Create an account at: https://register.rpfsc.ca and add your skater’s name as participant.
- Email the Club Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org ad let us know your preferred assessment time from one of the two options:
- Tuesdays 4:40pm
- Saturdays 11:15am
Registration priority will be given to Riley Park Figure Skating Club members who are in good standing. After the initial priority registration period has ended, skater registrations are considered on a first come first serve basis until our classes are full.
Full payment of registration fees (and volunteer fee/deposit where applicable) must be included with all registrations in order for the registration to be processed. Skaters who have outstanding monies due to the Club must have paid their registration fees and outstanding monies prior to being permitted on the ice.
RPFSC accepts Visa or MasterCard payments Canadian Funds through our Online Registration System.
A fee of $25.00 will be charged if the provided Visa or MasterCard is denied upon processing.
If a skater misses his/her regular session for a particular day, s/he may not skate on another session in lieu.
All requests to withdraw from a program must be made in writing to email@example.com
- Request to withdraw from a program with more than seven (7) calendar days before the scheduled start date will receive a refund for the program fees, less the non-refundable fees**
- Request to withdraw from a program between six (6) calendar days before the program start date and the scheduled second class will receive a refund less the prorated amount for one lesson and non-refundable fees**
- NO refunds/credits will be given after the scheduled second (2nd) class of a program except in the case of medical circumstances.
Skaters who miss a minimum of 14 calendar days due to illness may qualify for reimbursement in the form of a credit. A note from a doctor must be included along with the written request for reimbursement for review by the Board of Directors who consider medical credits on a case by case basis. If granted, the credit will be prorated from the date of medical documentation.
* Refunds apply only to the CanSkate program. PreStar to Star 5 & Up are only refundable one week prior to the beginning of the program start date.
** Non-refundable fees: $43.65 Skate Canada Membership and Safe Sport Fee and $15 RPFSC Administration Fee.