NOTICE OF RILEY PARK FIGURE SKATING CLUB ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
By having a registered skater in RPFSC’S CanSkate, PreStar and/or STAR 1-5 programs, you are a member of Riley Park Figure Skating (RPFSC) for the 2017-18 Skating Season and we invite you to join us at our Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The RPFSC Annual General Meeting will held as follows:
- Date: Monday, October 16, 2017
- Time: 6:00 pm – Dinner – please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Time: 6:30 pm – Meeting Commences
- Location: Boardroom, Curling Club, Hillcrest Centre, 4575 Clancy Loranger Way, Vancouver
Click here to read more about the Meeting Agenda and Election of Officers.
National Coaches Week is a week long celebration of the tremendous positive impact coaches have on athletes and communities across Canada. This week is an opportunity to recognize our team of coaches at RPFSC for the integral role they play in teaching our skaters. Thank you to our RPFSC coaches!
- Marnie Walthers – Director of Skating
- Carissa Wong – Canskate Coordinator
- Natasha Chau
- Tierney Grattan
- Tarrah Harvey
- Christina Lam
- Ally Mason
- Anna McLean
- Mikaila Meslo
- Kya Sveinson
- Melissa Tye
- Emma Tynan
- Thomas Williams
To ensure that our CanSkate families and skaters have a positive skating experience with us, we will be holding CanSkate Information Meetings this week for parents/guardians of our CanSkaters.
Our CanSkate Coordinator Carissa Wong will be reviewing safety and equipment, skater evaluation and answering any questions you may have about our program.
The meetings will take place in the lobby of the skating rink as scheduled:
- 4:00 pm – Tuesday, September 19
- 4:00 pm – Thursday, September 21
- 12:15 pm – Saturday, September 23
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
If your child has grown out of their fleece warm up jacket, exchanges will be available on Saturday, September 9 during Winter Warm Up/Skate Swap as well as during the first week of lessons on September 12, 14 and 16.
Kindly wash the jacket in advance of exchange. If your skater is not returning to skate this year, please drop the clean jacket back at our Information Desk on during RPFSC skating hours. Please ensure that the skater’s name is on a paper with the jacket.
Our Annual Skate Swap will take place on Saturday, September 9, from 10:00 am to noon in the change area outside of the rink.
If you wish to place items (skates, dresses, skirts, etc.) for sale in the swap, please read and follow the procedure
- Items for sale will be received between 9:00 am and 9:50 am only. There will be a payment envelope available for each item being offered for sale. Fill in the form (name, price of item) and attach the envelope to your item, using the elastic provided.
- Please note: All skates must be approved by the attending coach before being put out for sale to ensure they are in good condition. The coach will review all skates at 9:50 am. Skates that do not meet with the coach’s approval can be retrieved immediately or after the sale by the seller. There is no guarantee skates put into the swap will be offered for sale.
- Envelopes for sold items and all unsold items must be picked up between noon and 12:45 pm. Our club does not have room to store things. Any items not collected in the 45 minutes following the swap will be taken to a consignment store, and proceeds will be paid out to RPFSC. Any items not accepted by the consignment store will be donated to charity.
Posted in Events
Tagged with: Fall
Here is the schedule for Winter Warm up on Saturday, September 9.
Any skaters who wish to program assist CanSkate this year must attend the Program Assistant Training (11:00 am to 1:00 pm).
All Information meetings will be held on the second floor at Hillcrest Centre. We ask that parents and skaters attend the meeting together. We strongly encourage parents and skaters in Star 1, 2, 3 and 4 attend the meeting.
8:45 am – All skaters arrive
9:00 am – 10:00 am – On-Ice – Star 1, 2, 3 and 4
9:15 am – 10:00 am – Information Meeting for Star 5 and up parents and skaters
10:00 am to 11:00 am – On-Ice – Star 5 and up
10:15 am to 11:00 am – Information Meeting for Star 1-4 parents and skaters
11:00 – 12:00 pm – On-Ice – Part 1- CanSkate Program Assistant Training
12:00 pm -1:00 pm – Off -Ice – Part 2 – CanSkate Program Assistant Training (lunch will be provided)
As we had communicated in August, RPFSC is implementing Skate Canada’s new STAR 1-5 program that replaces our previous StarSkate Figure Skating Program.
We will be holding a Parent Meeting on Saturday, September 9 between 9:15 am to noon to provide information on this new STAR 1-5 program and to answer any questions that arise as a result.
Parents of skaters in STAR 1, STAR 2, STAR 3 and STAR 4 are highly encouraged to attend this Parent Meeting.
Please check in with our desk on Saturday, September 9 at 8:45 am when you drop off your skater to confirm the meeting time. The meeting will be held in a meeting room at Hillcrest Centre.
Our Annual Winter Warm Up and Program Assistant Training takes place on Saturday, September 9 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
The Winter Warm Up and Program Assistant Training is for our skaters in STAR 1, STAR 2, STAR 3, STAR 4 and STAR 5 and up. Your skater must be registered for Fall session in order to participate in the On-Ice portions of the day.
Any skaters who are interested in assisting CanSkate for the 2017/18 season must attend the Program Assistant Training.
- All skaters should arrive by this time to receive instructions for the format of the morning.
9:00 am to 11:00 am
- All Skaters will be spending time both off and on the ice.
11:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Program Assistant Training – Part 1 (On Ice)
12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- Program Assistant Training – Part 2 (Off Ice)
- Lunch included
If you have any questions about Winter Warm Up, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will have open ice for skaters in STAR 2, STAR 3, STAR 4 and STAR 5 and up on:
- Tuesday, September 5– 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Thursday, September 7 – 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Your skater must already be registered for the Fall in order to skate during these sessions.
Posted in Events
Tagged with: Fall
, Open Ice
, STAR 2-5
CanSkate Registration opens as follows:
- Wednesday, August 9 at 7:00 am to current RPFSC members
- Monday, August 14 at 7:00 am to the public.
Click here for more information about registration.